Monday, October 4, 2010

Chapter 6

Dinner was casual, with everyone feeling a little awkward after the sexual tension that had been so thick in the car they could’ve cut it with a knife. They all chatted happily though, discussing the musical and what else the girls might be interested in doing for the rest of their week. Much to the girls’ protests, Richie swiftly payed the bill and they walked out of the restaurant feeling full and very much liking the new friends they had met.

Claire gave Lily a knowing look and smiled at the guys, “Would you two like to come back to the hotel with us, enjoy a lite-night drink?” she asked casually.

Jon shot Richie a devilish look then responded “ I think we would like that very much. “ He held out his arm for Claire to take it , leading her back to the car. “Where are you ladies staying? “

“At the Marriott Marquis “ Lily piped up,Damn don’t sound so eager, she mentally scolded herself while settling herself again on Richie’s lap.

“No shit?” Richie answered, probably a little too excitedly, “That’s where I’m stayin’ too.”

Claire shot Lily an excited look, then turned to Jon, “Don’t tell me you’re staying there too?” she asked, suddenly getting the feeling that this vacation could get very interesting indeed.

“Na I have a place just right up in Soho “ Jon answered as he held her securely in his arms  while the car drove back to the hotel.

“Ooh, a real live New Yorker,” she replied, smirking

‘Jersey actually “ Jon grinned “Work brings me to NY a lot, so I thought might as well get a place here. “ He didn’t want to mention that his ex wife now resided in the place in Jersey .

“Ah you’re both from Jersey then “ Lily answered “ Did you go to school together? “

Richie met Jon’s eyes and grinned, “Nah, we met at a bar of all places,” he replied, his hands folded in her lap, “I was a bit of a cocky little asshole and just walked right up and introduced myself,” he winked. “Dunno what told me to do it, but whatever it was sure hated me ‘cause I’m still stuck with him today.” he joked.

Jon removed one arm that was around Claire and shot him a Jersey salute. “You’re lucky I took pity on your sorry ass “ he said with grin “Where would you be now if I hadn’t? “

Richie thought for a moment before he replied, “Still in mom’s basement, most likely,” he admitted, rolling his eyes.

Claire giggled,Okay so they’re a little weird but hell if they aren’t sweet,she thought to herself, sharing a look with Lily, not to mention oh so sexy.

Lilly snickered at the playful banter and couldn’t resist a retort herself “ Can’t you just feel the love C ? “ But in truth she could tell they really did care for one another.They reminded of herself and C once an awhile when they been finishing off their 2 bottle of wine or out on the prowl scoping future ex boyfriends.

Claire snorted in laughter, “You two have quite the bromance,” she joked, not even knowing how true her words actually were.

Jon nodded “Yup we’re in a sexless marriage of what 25 yrs or so , right Dean ? “

Richie guffawed at the metaphor his friend used way too often, “‘S true, Kidd,” he released one of Lily’s hands and ruffled Jon’s hair playfully, “I love you, fuckhead.” he added sweetly.

“Fuck you , I guess I love you too “ Jon snorted “ Some days “ he pushed his hand away .

“Well should we leave you two alone ? “ Lily commented with a bit of sarcasm .

Claire opened the car door as it stopped front of the hotel, playfully trying to escape Jon’s grasp. “It’s getting way too awkward in here,” she giggled.

“Whoa where you think you’re goin’ baby? “ Jon reached for her tugging her in tightly .

“We’re here,” she answered, laughing, “Wouldn’t you like to continue this awkwardness in a little more comfortable venue?” she asked.

“Sure thought you’d never ask “ He winked and followed her out of the car “ Lead the way pretty lady “

Lilly hopped out of the car , the playfullness in the car helped ease the sexual tension from the earlier ride in their car.  “ You gonna just sit there and look handsome or you care to join me - I mean us “

Richie raised an eyebrow, grinning as he climbed out of the car, “I can do anything and look handsome at the same time,” he winked, his brown eyes darkening.

Lilly’s eyes twinkled  “ Just a bit modest are we? “ as they followed Claire and Jon through the hotel and to the elevator. .

Richie nodded, “Of course, I’m such a gentleman, can’t you tell?” he asked sweetly, batting his eyelashes.

“And we’re such ladies “ Lily guffawed “ Bringing men up to our room when we just met what would people think? “ she shot C an amused look .

“Psh,” Claire winked, “it’s just for drinks, right?” she said innocently.

“But of course ladies just for drinks “ Jon answered

Lily reached in her clutch for the keycard , sliding it in the slot and opened the door “Welcome to home sweet home at least for a week anyway “ then stepped aside to let the others in.

Claire thanked heaven that they had cleaned up after themselves quickly before they left as she walked into the suite still holding Jon’s hand. “Let’s see I can call room service, what does everyone want?” she asked, “There’s some stuff in the bar but I’m not sure what,” she added, gesturing into the living area.

“Pinot Grigo if you have it would be great “ Jon answered as he found the nearest  chair and flopped down.

Lily kicked off her heels “ Let me check we were going to order some but have been busy none stop when we got here.. What about you ? “ she stopped in front of Richie , Damn is he tall ! she glanced up her eyes connecting with his .

“Actually if you’ve got soda or something that would be great,” he replied bashfully but not explaining. Probably not a good idea to bring up rehab on the first night,he thought to himself, rolling his eyes.

Jon sensing Richie’s awkwardness piped up “I’m the wino of this dynamic duo “ he flashed a knowing smile to his friend .

Lily watched the troubled look cross Richie’s face and it tugged at her heart.  “ You know what I think I rather have a soda too “ flashing him a sweet smile then walked over to the bar  , opened the small fridge pulled out two cokes then reached for two glasses  and poured both into the respective glasses . She padded back over to Richie handing him his glass and set hers down then walked back over  “Um don’t look like we have any Pinot? “

Richie was touched by Lily’s kindness,hell she doesn’t even know me he thought as he watched her pour two glasses of Coke. This girl is just turning out to be more and more perfect.

“Let me call room service and order some wine,” Claire said, walking across the room and grabbing the phone, after hanging up she sighed, “they said they’re super busy down there but they’re gonna try and get us some soon,” she said, giving Jon an apologetic glance.

Jon smiled “It’s okay really I don’t mind waiting. You got a real nice room here . So how long are you ladies staying again ? “ He reached up for her hand and with a slight tug, pulled her next to him on the couch.

“We’ll be here for a week,” Claire answered, flopping down next to Jon and glancing at the couple across the room who just seemed to be staring at each other in a trance. “Earth to lovebirds,” she said slowly, giggling.

A slight blush crept across Lily’s cheeks as she jerked out of her reverie.  “What? Oh sorry “ she grinned sheepishly

Richie ran a hand through his hair, not even daring to meet his friend’s eyes, I’ll be getting hell for that for a month he thought to himself as he sipped his soda, “Guess I’m sleepier than I thought,” he winked at Lily.

“Sleepy my ass Dean , just admit you were busted makin’ googly eyes at lovely Lily there “ Jon chortled . He shot a cheesy grin to Claire .

Claire met Jon’s eyes, attempting to imitate Lily’s far-away facial expression before she burst into giggles, “and I thought I did embarrassing things,” she grinned, winking lovingly at her friend.

“Just wait . Paybacks are a bitch you know “ Lily replied with feigned anger and though she was throughly embarassed she still had amusing twinkle shining in her  dark chocolate eyes.

Richie chuckled, “Same to you, Kidd, you better watch your perfect lil’ ass,” he joked to his brother.

Claire rolled her eyes, “Uh, huh.” she glanced at the clock, “Hell, where is that wine?” she asked nobody in particular, “I was really hoping for a drink.”

“You know I have some wine at my place. We could go over there and have a glass or two “ Jon suggested his eyes darted over to Richie as he bit back a ornery grin.

Lily coughed and nearly spewed her coke all over the front of her brand new dress , knowing full well it was more than just wine MR Hottie number one was wanting .

Claire glanced at Lily, her eyes wide for a millisecond before she turned back to Jon, “That might be a good idea,” she answered, “We can leave these two goofs to stare at each other in peace,” she winked. Ohmigod tonight already?she thought to herself.

“Who says we are just gonna be staring ? “ Lily retorted then gasped when she realized what she had said , OH fuck me I didn’t just say that did I ? 

Richie guffawed, “Psh, well of course not,” he replied, “I like board games, think they have any down in the lobby? My favorite’s twister,” he wagged his eyebrows.

“You’re shittin’ me twister is my favorite too “ Lily quipped  “Maybe we should call down to see ? But it is really late now though ? We might have to find other things to do ? “ she batted her eyes and flashed a small seductive smile.

Jon rolled his eyes “ We better head on out or we might be seeing more than twister with these two and not sure but I don’t wanna see that shit unless I’m involved “ he winked then stood taking Claire’s hand .

Claire stared slack-jawed at her friend sharing innuendos with a man she had just met. “Quickly, please, I’m scared,” she giggled as she slipped her shoes on and grabbed her jacket.

“Behave don’t do anything We wouldn’t do “ Lilly called out to her friend as they walked out the door.

“I thought they’d never leave,” Richie grinned, giving his best evil villain laugh, “Now I have you all to myself,” he rubbed his hands together maniacally.

“Only if you can catch me “ Lily squealed and darted off towards the bedroom .

2 comments:

  1. OOOOH... this is getting really good... I love the humor in this too. It sounds just like them. It's amazing to see all the love happening. I want more girls... PLEASE????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this story. I know you are probably busy, but it is so addicting and I check back here everyday to see if you have posted new stories. Please write more, like Samborajovigirl said "We want more".

    ReplyDelete